Pak violates ceasefire, targets Indian post in Poonch
Jammu: Pakistani troops opened unprovoked firing on an Indian post along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district, the 16th ceasefire violation by the neighbouring country within a month.
"There was firing of small arms by Pakistani troops on our forward posts in Krishnagati sub-sector of Poonch district late last night," a senior Army officer said.
The firing started at around 10:45 PM and continued for nearly half-an-hour, he said.
"However, there was no loss of life or damage to property in the firing from across the border," he said, adding that there was no counter-firing from the Indian side.
This is the 16th time Pakistan has violated the ceasefire within a span of one month along the International Border (IB) and Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
On August 19-20, Pakistani Rangers fired at four Indian posts along IB in Jammu`s Akhnoor sector. One Pakistani intruder was killed in the retaliatory firing.
On August 19, Pakistan violated ceasefire by targeting a forward post in Krishnagati belt along LoC in Poonch.
On August 17, there was heavy cross-border firing on Indian posts along the IB in Abdullian and Korotona Border out Posts (BoPS) from Pakistan in R S Pura sub-sector in which one BSF jawan was killed.
There were two firing incidents and ceasefire violations by Pakistan in Pansar Boder Out Post along the IB in Samba sector and Krishnagati forward belt along LoC on August 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP