Pak violates ceasefire, targets Indian post in Poonch
Jammu: Pakistani troops opened unprovoked firing on an Indian post along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district, the 16th ceasefire violation by the neighbouring country within a month.
"There was firing of small arms by Pakistani troops on our forward posts in Krishnagati sub-sector of Poonch district late last night," a senior Army officer said.
The firing started at around 10:45 PM and continued for nearly half-an-hour, he said.
"However, there was no loss of life or damage to property in the firing from across the border," he said, adding that there was no counter-firing from the Indian side.
This is the 16th time Pakistan has violated the ceasefire within a span of one month along the International Border (IB) and Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
On August 19-20, Pakistani Rangers fired at four Indian posts along IB in Jammu`s Akhnoor sector. One Pakistani intruder was killed in the retaliatory firing.
On August 19, Pakistan violated ceasefire by targeting a forward post in Krishnagati belt along LoC in Poonch.
On August 17, there was heavy cross-border firing on Indian posts along the IB in Abdullian and Korotona Border out Posts (BoPS) from Pakistan in R S Pura sub-sector in which one BSF jawan was killed.
There were two firing incidents and ceasefire violations by Pakistan in Pansar Boder Out Post along the IB in Samba sector and Krishnagati forward belt along LoC on August 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security