Pak violates ceasefire twice, fires at Indian post
Jammu: In two ceasefire violations in less than 24 hours, Pakistani security personnel tonight fired on Indian forward posts in separate incidents in Jammu and Kashmir injuring two BSF jawans.
Firing rockets and using small arms fire, Pakistani rangers targeted BSF`s Border outpost(BOP) on the International Border(IB) in Hiranagar sector of Kathua district around 7.30 pm, a Border Security Force(BSF) officer said.
The two injured BSF jawans were evacuated to a hospital in Samba district.
BSF returned the fire and the exchange of fire ended at 9 pm, the officer said, adding that it was not for the first time that rockets were used by the Pakistani rangers.
In the second incident, the ceasfire violation occurred along the Line of Control(LoC) in Poonch sector.
The firing by Pakistani troops at Indian forward posts in Shahpur along the LoC in Poonch sector began around 7.45 pm, an Army officer said.
There were no casualties or damages on the Indian side, the officer said, adding that the Indian troops effectively retaliated the firing from the other side. The small arms fire was going on at intermittent intervals, the officer added.
Pakistan Rangers fired on Indian posts along Indo-Pak border in Jammu sector last night.
The rangers also violated the ceasefire but there was no loss of life or damage to property in the firing, according to a senior BSF officer.
The small arms firing by Pakistani Rangers came from their Shaheed Iqbal post in Sailkote sector targeting forward points on India`s Kote Kuba BOP along the IB in R S Pura belt of Jammu sector at 8.20 pm.
BSF troops guarding the border took positions and effectively retailated resulting in exchanges, the officer said.
The firing came close on the heels of the detection of 400-metre long Pakistani tunnel in J and K`s Samba sector on July 28 and subsequent lodging of strong protest over the issue by India on July 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes