Pak violating truce, raking up Kashmir to hide its internal problems: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday said Pakistan indulged in ceasefire violations along the border and raked up the Kashmir issue to hide its internal problems.
The ruling party said Pakistan should understand that the government in India has changed and so has its thought and that no foreign hand has any right to talk of Kashmir.
"To hide its own internal problems and conflicts, Pakistan raises tension along the border by indulging in ceasefire violations and the Kashmir issue.
"Pakistan should understand that the Government in India has changed and so has the thought. The new government wants good ties with its neighbours but it will not allow any interference in its internal affairs. No foreign hand has any right to talk of Kashmir," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He said Prime Minister Narendra Modi had made it clear to his Pakistani counterpart during his visit here that there can be no talks when there is exchange of fire along the borders.
"There are ceasefire violations along the border and there are talks being held by Pakistan with separatists. We do not consider it to be right. The new government has made its position very clear that it will not tolerate any interference in its internal affairs," Hussain said.
India cancelled the Foreign Secretary-level talks with Pakistan slated on August 25 after the Pakistan High Commissioner to India held talks with Kashmiri separatists despite India warning them against doing so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31