Pakistan again violates ceasefire in Samba district of J&K
Jammu: Pakistan violated the ceasefire on the international border in Samba district of Jammu region on Wednesday, a day after an Indian Army soldier was killed in Pakistan shelling in the Mendhar sector of the Line of Control (LoC).
Police sources told a news agency that Pakistan Rangers resorted to unprovoked firing on Mangu Chak and Khawada posts of the Border Security Force (BSF) on the international border in Samba district.
"The firing started this (Wednesday) morning. BSF troopers have retaliated Pakistan Rangers` firing at two Indian posts of Mangu Chak and Khawada," a senior police officer told the agency.
"Intermittent firing exchanges are still continuing at these places," he added.
The Pakistan Army violated the ceasefire thrice Tuesday in Hamirpur area of the LoC in the Mendhar sector of Poonch district, using small arms, automatics and mortars.
Lance Naik Muhammad Feroze Khan, belonging to Hyderabad, was killed when he was hit by a mortar splinter in Hamirpur area on Tuesday.
The Army guards the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir, while the BSF is deployed on the international border between India and Pakistan in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters