Pakistan again violates ceasefire in Samba district of J&K
Jammu: Pakistan violated the ceasefire on the international border in Samba district of Jammu region on Wednesday, a day after an Indian Army soldier was killed in Pakistan shelling in the Mendhar sector of the Line of Control (LoC).
Police sources told a news agency that Pakistan Rangers resorted to unprovoked firing on Mangu Chak and Khawada posts of the Border Security Force (BSF) on the international border in Samba district.
"The firing started this (Wednesday) morning. BSF troopers have retaliated Pakistan Rangers` firing at two Indian posts of Mangu Chak and Khawada," a senior police officer told the agency.
"Intermittent firing exchanges are still continuing at these places," he added.
The Pakistan Army violated the ceasefire thrice Tuesday in Hamirpur area of the LoC in the Mendhar sector of Poonch district, using small arms, automatics and mortars.
Lance Naik Muhammad Feroze Khan, belonging to Hyderabad, was killed when he was hit by a mortar splinter in Hamirpur area on Tuesday.
The Army guards the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir, while the BSF is deployed on the international border between India and Pakistan in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply