`Pakistan army role obvious in Keran incidents`
New Delhi: Pakistani army`s role is "obvious" in the latest incident of intrusion by terrorists in Keran sector of Kashmir valley, official sources said on Wednesday but rejected any comparison with the Kargil episode.
The incident has been exaggerated a lot by calling them another `Kargil`, official sources said terming such a propaganda "a fit case of dog chasing its tail".
A massive infiltration bid by terrorists backed by suspected Pakistani special forces, the biggest after the 1999 Kargil incident, was foiled by the Indian army which yesterday called off its 15-day-long major operation in Keran sector along the LoC in Kashmir.
Asked about the role of Pakistani Army in the incident, the sources said that it was obvious as "nothing like that can happen at the Line of Control without Pakistani Army being involved at least once. That is obvious. Otherwise, how did they come in, how did they enter.
"It was just an intrusion. But the issue got exaggerated a lot and some people went to the extent of calling it another Kargil. We must remember it was just an intrusion, which was effectively countered by our armed forces.
"They were stopped, pulled back from their hiding and the issue was handled effectively. They (intruders) tried again and again they were countered effectively."
The sources said people went on to say that the militants have made a permanent presence and not just an intrusion. But if one looked at the incident, there have been various cases across different sectors. It was nothing like Kargil, they said.
Besides, they said, there had been no firing or any incident for the past four days. The entire issue has been like dog chasing its tail.
"There were separate incidents, which were clubbed together and an impression got created that it was a major incident," the sources said.
They also blamed the problem of exaggeration partly on "overload of information", saying that unofficial information was coming from various fronts and it would have been better if there was a single-point information dissemination on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical