Pakistan Army violates ceasefire again
Jammu: After a two-day lull, Pakistan Army again violated the ceasefire by targeting forward posts along the LoC in Jammu district, drawing retaliation from Indian forces.
"Pakistan Army opened indiscriminate and unprovoked firing on forward posts along the LoC in Pallanwala sub-sector in Jammu district around 2330 hours last night", a senior Army officer said today.
Pakistan Army fired from small and automatic weapons on the forward posts along LoC.
Indian troops guarding the borderline used similar calibre weapons and strongly retaliated, triggering fierce exchanges, which continued till midnight last night, he said.
There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the fresh firing.
There was no firing or ceasefire violation by Pakistan along the LoC from 3.15 PM on August 27 to 11.30 PM on August 29.
Pakistani troops had violated the ceasefire on August 27 by firing on Indian posts along LoC in Bhimber Gali sub-sector of Poonch district.
There has been almost daily firing and mortar shelling by Pakistani Army in the Poonch-Rajouri sector since August 6 with a total of over 3O ceasefire violations recorded this month.
Six jawans have been killed and 10 injured in ceasefire violations and firing by Pakistan troops on forward posts, civilian areas and patrolling parties along the Indo-Pak border in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach