Pakistan Army violates ceasefire in J&K`s Hamirpur sector
Zee Media Bureau
Jammu: Pakistani troops late Tuesday night violated the ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) in Hamirpur sector in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Reports say that Pakistani forces fired at Indian posts with small arms and automatics.
Defence spokesman Colonel Manish Mehta said, "The Pakistan Army resorted to unprovoked firing at our positions in Hamirpur sector during the night."
He said no casualty or damage has been reported on the Indian side so far.
In the recent times there have been a number of ceasefire violation from Pakistan along the Line of Control.
Talking tough on Pakistan, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley on Monday said that ceaserfire violations by the neighbouring country in recent days were deliberate and Indian soldiers will give a befitting response.
Jaitley said Indian soldiers are fully prepared to respond to any ceasefire violations by Pakistan.
Accompanied by Army Chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag and Western Army Command chief Lt Gen KJ Singh, Jaitley visited forward posts along the international border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?