Pakistan Army violates ceasefire in J&K`s Hamirpur sector
Zee Media Bureau
Jammu: Pakistani troops late Tuesday night violated the ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) in Hamirpur sector in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Reports say that Pakistani forces fired at Indian posts with small arms and automatics.
Defence spokesman Colonel Manish Mehta said, "The Pakistan Army resorted to unprovoked firing at our positions in Hamirpur sector during the night."
He said no casualty or damage has been reported on the Indian side so far.
In the recent times there have been a number of ceasefire violation from Pakistan along the Line of Control.
Talking tough on Pakistan, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley on Monday said that ceaserfire violations by the neighbouring country in recent days were deliberate and Indian soldiers will give a befitting response.
Jaitley said Indian soldiers are fully prepared to respond to any ceasefire violations by Pakistan.
Accompanied by Army Chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag and Western Army Command chief Lt Gen KJ Singh, Jaitley visited forward posts along the international border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof