Pakistan invites Hurriyat’s Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani has been invited by the Pakistan government to visit the country in December.
"Deputy High Commissioner of Pakistan to India Babara Amin today (Friday) called Geelani and extended a formal invitation on behalf of Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar to him to visit the country," a spokesman of the Hurriyat said in a statement.
He has been invited to Pakistan for an "exchange of views" with the country`s leadership and the people, the spokesman said.
"Geelani informed the Pakistani diplomat that he does not have any travel documents and the government does not provide him passport," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon