Pakistan invites Hurriyat’s Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani has been invited by the Pakistan government to visit the country in December.
"Deputy High Commissioner of Pakistan to India Babara Amin today (Friday) called Geelani and extended a formal invitation on behalf of Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar to him to visit the country," a spokesman of the Hurriyat said in a statement.
He has been invited to Pakistan for an "exchange of views" with the country`s leadership and the people, the spokesman said.
"Geelani informed the Pakistani diplomat that he does not have any travel documents and the government does not provide him passport," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony