Pakistan invites Hurriyat’s Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani has been invited by the Pakistan government to visit the country in December.
"Deputy High Commissioner of Pakistan to India Babara Amin today (Friday) called Geelani and extended a formal invitation on behalf of Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar to him to visit the country," a spokesman of the Hurriyat said in a statement.
He has been invited to Pakistan for an "exchange of views" with the country`s leadership and the people, the spokesman said.
"Geelani informed the Pakistani diplomat that he does not have any travel documents and the government does not provide him passport," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'