Pakistan invites Hurriyat’s Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani has been invited by the Pakistan government to visit the country in December.
"Deputy High Commissioner of Pakistan to India Babara Amin today (Friday) called Geelani and extended a formal invitation on behalf of Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar to him to visit the country," a spokesman of the Hurriyat said in a statement.
He has been invited to Pakistan for an "exchange of views" with the country`s leadership and the people, the spokesman said.
"Geelani informed the Pakistani diplomat that he does not have any travel documents and the government does not provide him passport," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail