Pakistan invites Hurriyat’s Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani has been invited by the Pakistan government to visit the country in December.
"Deputy High Commissioner of Pakistan to India Babara Amin today (Friday) called Geelani and extended a formal invitation on behalf of Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar to him to visit the country," a spokesman of the Hurriyat said in a statement.
He has been invited to Pakistan for an "exchange of views" with the country`s leadership and the people, the spokesman said.
"Geelani informed the Pakistani diplomat that he does not have any travel documents and the government does not provide him passport," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists