Pakistan targets Indian post along Uri; 9th ceasefire violation
Srinagar: Pakistan Army indulged in `unprovoked` shelling along the Line of Control (LoC) in Uri Sector of Jammu and Kashmir in the ninth ceasefire violation in less than a week.
The Pakistani troops started firing shells towards Indian territory in Kamalkote area of Uri Sector at around 7.00 PM last night, defence sources said today.
The shelling, which continued for nearly an hour, was retaliated by the Indian side but there were no reports of any one getting injured in the incident, they said.
The ceasefire violation in Uri last evening was the third on Tuesday and came within hours after an Army jawan was killed in firing by Pakistani troops at Indian forward posts in Balakote sub-sector along the LoC in Poonch.
Earlier on Tuesday, Pakistani Army had also resorted to shelling of mortars besides automatic and small arms firing in forward areas along LoC in Hamirpur and Bhimbher Gali (BG) sub-sectors of Poonch district.
The ceasefire violations along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir have been on the rise this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen