Pakistan targets Indian post along Uri; 9th ceasefire violation
Srinagar: Pakistan Army indulged in `unprovoked` shelling along the Line of Control (LoC) in Uri Sector of Jammu and Kashmir in the ninth ceasefire violation in less than a week.
The Pakistani troops started firing shells towards Indian territory in Kamalkote area of Uri Sector at around 7.00 PM last night, defence sources said today.
The shelling, which continued for nearly an hour, was retaliated by the Indian side but there were no reports of any one getting injured in the incident, they said.
The ceasefire violation in Uri last evening was the third on Tuesday and came within hours after an Army jawan was killed in firing by Pakistani troops at Indian forward posts in Balakote sub-sector along the LoC in Poonch.
Earlier on Tuesday, Pakistani Army had also resorted to shelling of mortars besides automatic and small arms firing in forward areas along LoC in Hamirpur and Bhimbher Gali (BG) sub-sectors of Poonch district.
The ceasefire violations along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir have been on the rise this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply