Pakistan troops again open fire across LoC in Jammu
Jammu: Pakistani troops on Monday opened fire in Bimar Ghali area of the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu`s Poonch district and again violated ceasefire agreement.
"Pakistani troops resorted to unprovoked firing at our positions in Bimar Ghali area on the LoC Monday morning," defence spokesman Lt. Col. Manish Mehta told IANS.
"Firing started at 5.15 a.m. Their soldiers used small arms and automatics to target our positions. We have responded with similar calibre weapons," Mehta said.
"Intermittent firing exchanges are still going on there. No damage or casualty has been reported on our side," the defence spokesman said.
The Pakistani troops have resorted to such firing at Indian positions in the same sector April 25.
Pakistan has offered a flag meeting at the local commanders level to defuse the tension and ensure that violations of the bilateral ceasefire agreement be stopped after last week`s incident on the LoC.
- Over 81 percent polling in Bengal assembly polls phase five
- AIADMK government implemented several worker welfare schemes: Jayalalithaa
- Congress criticises Centre for not inquiring Vijay Mallya's transactions
- See pic: Tim Kopra shares view of massive storm near Japan from space!
- Thousands rally in Turkey to mark May Day amid tight security