Pakistan violates ceasefire after infiltration bid foiled
Poonch: Pakistani troops on Wednesday violated ceasefire and opened indiscriminate firing along Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector after an infiltration bid was foiled by the Indian troops.
A group of four armed persons from Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) were seen moving towards an Indian forward post in Krishna Ghati sector in Poonch district around 0950 hours, PRO defence, SN Acharya, said.
Alert Indian troops took position and opened firing on the infiltrating persons, Acharya said, adding that they were pushed back towards PoK.
As the infiltration bid was foiled, the Pakistani troops opened heavy firing on Indian posts in Mandi, Krishna Ghati and Chakan-Da-Bagh in Poonch sector.
Sher Shakti, PP1 and PP2 in Mandi sector, Kripan and Kranti posts in Krishna Ghati sector and Bahadur, Rekha and Neck posts in Poonch sector also came under firing, he said.
They fired small arms and 82 mm mortars on Indian posts and Indian troops also retaliated, resulting in exchanges.
The exchanges are on, he said, adding that there was no casualty or injury to any person on Indian side.
This is the third ceasefire violation in June this year and fifth in past nearly one month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest