Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Jammu: In yet another ceasefire violation along the Indo-Pak border, Pakistani troops carried out unprovoked firing at BG Sector of Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district.
As per reports, the ceasefire violation began around 10.30 pm on Friday when Pakistani Army fired at Indian posts with semi-automatic and automatic weapons.
The Border Security (BSF) retaliated with equal calibre weapons. Fortunately, there was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing.
Since the Narendra Modi Government took oath on May 26, the Pakistan Army has violated the 2003 ceasefire agreement 19 times.
During his two-day visit to J&K, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley had said that the firing from across the border must stop as the ceasefire is in itself "a Confidence Building Measure".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!