Pakistan violates ceasefire again, opens fire at RS Pura sector in J&K
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Jammu: The Pakistani armed forces on Saturday opened fire at Pindi outpost in RS Pura sector of Jammu and Kashmir, as per the reports.
Meanwhile, the Indian troops guarding the border effectively replied with similar calibre weapons.
Although no casualty has been reported as of now, the gun battle between the Indian and Pakistan forces continued for long.
On June 13, 2014, Pakistan troops had violated the ceasefire by targeting Indian posts along the LoC in Poonch sector of J&K with heavy firing and mortar shelling, drawing retaliation by Indian forces.
In 2013, several Indian Army jawans were killed and dozens got injured in 149 ceasefire violations by Pakistan troops on forward posts, civilian areas and patrolling parties along the India-Pak border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India