Pakistan violates ceasefire again, two BSF jawans injured, firing on
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Jammu: In yet another breach of ceasefire by Pakistan, its troops resorted to unprovoked firing at several Indian positions on the international border in Jammu district in the wee hours of Monday.
According to reports, the Pakistani Army opened fire at Border Security Force (BSF) posts at four places in RS Pura area of the international border early this morning.
Two Border Security Force (BSF) jawans were injured in firing by the Pakistani troops in the RS Pura sector.
"Pakistan Rangers fired at the Johra Post, Nowa Pind, Jogna Chak and Tent Post," a police officer told reporters.
Some reports even claimed that the Pakistan troops fired at ten BSF posts.
The Pakistan Rangers used heavy mortar while targeting several posts of the BSF along the international border in RS Pura, according to reports.
"The firing began at around 4.15 am local time and it is still on," the officer said.
"BSF retaliated Pakistan firing effectively," the officer added.
The Pakistan Army had violated ceasefire on the Line of Control (LoC) in Mendhar area of Poonch district on Sunday.
The LoC in Jammu and Kashmir is guarded by the Army while the BSF guards the international border here.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!