Pakistan violates ceasefire again, two BSF jawans injured, firing on
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Jammu: In yet another breach of ceasefire by Pakistan, its troops resorted to unprovoked firing at several Indian positions on the international border in Jammu district in the wee hours of Monday.
According to reports, the Pakistani Army opened fire at Border Security Force (BSF) posts at four places in RS Pura area of the international border early this morning.
Two Border Security Force (BSF) jawans were injured in firing by the Pakistani troops in the RS Pura sector.
"Pakistan Rangers fired at the Johra Post, Nowa Pind, Jogna Chak and Tent Post," a police officer told reporters.
Some reports even claimed that the Pakistan troops fired at ten BSF posts.
The Pakistan Rangers used heavy mortar while targeting several posts of the BSF along the international border in RS Pura, according to reports.
"The firing began at around 4.15 am local time and it is still on," the officer said.
"BSF retaliated Pakistan firing effectively," the officer added.
The Pakistan Army had violated ceasefire on the Line of Control (LoC) in Mendhar area of Poonch district on Sunday.
The LoC in Jammu and Kashmir is guarded by the Army while the BSF guards the international border here.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights