Pakistan violates ceasefire again
Jammu: Pakistani troops on Tuesday violated the ceasefire on the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, by firing at Indian positions, an army spokesman said.
Indian troops retaliated in response, he said.
"Pakistani troops fired at our positions in Doda battalion area of the LoC in Poonch this morning (Tuesday)," Captain SN Acharya told a news agency.
"Pakistani firing started at 9.30 am. They used automatics and light weapons. Our troops effectively retaliated. Firing exchanges were continuing when last reports came in at 11.30 am," he said.
Pakistan also violated the ceasefire Monday in Mendhar sector of the same district, opening unprovoked firing at Indian positions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre