Pakistan violates ceasefire again
Jammu: Pakistani troops on Tuesday violated the ceasefire on the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, by firing at Indian positions, an army spokesman said.
Indian troops retaliated in response, he said.
"Pakistani troops fired at our positions in Doda battalion area of the LoC in Poonch this morning (Tuesday)," Captain SN Acharya told a news agency.
"Pakistani firing started at 9.30 am. They used automatics and light weapons. Our troops effectively retaliated. Firing exchanges were continuing when last reports came in at 11.30 am," he said.
Pakistan also violated the ceasefire Monday in Mendhar sector of the same district, opening unprovoked firing at Indian positions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- NSG likely to meet again to discuss entry of non-NPT countries
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs