Pakistan violates ceasefire again
Jammu: Pakistani troops on Tuesday violated the ceasefire on the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, by firing at Indian positions, an army spokesman said.
Indian troops retaliated in response, he said.
"Pakistani troops fired at our positions in Doda battalion area of the LoC in Poonch this morning (Tuesday)," Captain SN Acharya told a news agency.
"Pakistani firing started at 9.30 am. They used automatics and light weapons. Our troops effectively retaliated. Firing exchanges were continuing when last reports came in at 11.30 am," he said.
Pakistan also violated the ceasefire Monday in Mendhar sector of the same district, opening unprovoked firing at Indian positions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months