Pakistan violates ceasefire again
Jammu: Pakistani troops on Tuesday violated the ceasefire on the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, by firing at Indian positions, an army spokesman said.
Indian troops retaliated in response, he said.
"Pakistani troops fired at our positions in Doda battalion area of the LoC in Poonch this morning (Tuesday)," Captain SN Acharya told a news agency.
"Pakistani firing started at 9.30 am. They used automatics and light weapons. Our troops effectively retaliated. Firing exchanges were continuing when last reports came in at 11.30 am," he said.
Pakistan also violated the ceasefire Monday in Mendhar sector of the same district, opening unprovoked firing at Indian positions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj