Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC
Jammu: Violating the ceasefire again, Pakistani troops resorted to firing on Indian forward posts along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district after Army detected an infiltration bid by militants.
"There was firing by machine guns from Pakistan side along LoC on Indian Posts -- Kranti-1 and Kranti-2 in Krishna gati sub-sector of Poonch -- at around 2230 hours last night after Army detected movement of some suspected elements close to the border," a senior Army officer said here today.
The Army retaliated and the exchange of fire continued for about one-and-a-half hours, he said.
It seems there was an infiltration attempt by militants, he said.
"The Pakistani troops fired from their Daku and Yellow Bump posts opposite to our KG forward belt," the officer said, adding that there was no casualty on the Indian side.
This is the second ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops in about 30 days.
Earlier on September 20, indiscriminate firing started near the BSF post in Jammu after Pakistan violated ceasefire in Samba sector. At least one BSF sub-inspector was killed and
one civilian injured in the firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’