Pakistan violates ceasefire, opens unprovoked firing
Jammu: Pakistani troops violated ceasefire and resorted to unprovoked firing on the Line of Control (LoC) in Mendhar sector of Poonch district in Jammu and Kashmir, an official said Sunday.
"The Pakistani troops violated the bilateral ceasefire resorting to unprovoked firing at our positions on the LoC in Mendhar sector. The firing stated at 11.30 p.m. Saturday night," Defence spokesman Col. Manish Mehta told IANS.
"The Pakistani trops used small arms and automatics in the firing. The Indian troops responded with equal calibre weapons," Mehta said.
The Indian Army Sunday foiled an infiltration bid on the LoC in the district.
The infiltration bid was second in less than two days on the LoC, an official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference