Pakistan violates ceasefire, targets posts in Jammu
Jammu: Pakistani troops on Wednesday night violated the ceasefire on the LoC by resorting to unprovoked firing on forward posts in Jammu district, prompting the Indian Army to retaliate effectively.
Pakistani troops opened unprovoked firing on several posts in Akhnoor tehsil of Jammu from 1945 hours, a senior Army officer said.
Indian Army troops took positions and retaliated back effectively, triggering exchanges, which were still on when the reports last came in, he said.
However, there was no loss of live or injury to anyone in the firing, he said.
There have been nearly 150 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu and Kashmir this year, the highest in the past 8 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened