Pakistan violates ceasefire, targets posts in Jammu
Jammu: Pakistani troops on Wednesday night violated the ceasefire on the LoC by resorting to unprovoked firing on forward posts in Jammu district, prompting the Indian Army to retaliate effectively.
Pakistani troops opened unprovoked firing on several posts in Akhnoor tehsil of Jammu from 1945 hours, a senior Army officer said.
Indian Army troops took positions and retaliated back effectively, triggering exchanges, which were still on when the reports last came in, he said.
However, there was no loss of live or injury to anyone in the firing, he said.
There have been nearly 150 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu and Kashmir this year, the highest in the past 8 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi