Pakistani intruder injured in firing along IB in Kathua
Jammu: A Pakistani intruder was injured in an exchange of fire along the International Border (IB) after a suspicious movement was noticed near Paharpur outpost in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Friday.
The exchange of fire continued intermittently for some time late last night and search operation was conducted this morning in the forward area, they said.
The injured Pakistani was identified as Akhter Hussain of Narowal district in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK), they said. He was shifted to Government Medical College (GMC) hospital here for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself