Pakistani intruder injured in firing along IB in Kathua
Jammu: A Pakistani intruder was injured in an exchange of fire along the International Border (IB) after a suspicious movement was noticed near Paharpur outpost in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Friday.
The exchange of fire continued intermittently for some time late last night and search operation was conducted this morning in the forward area, they said.
The injured Pakistani was identified as Akhter Hussain of Narowal district in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK), they said. He was shifted to Government Medical College (GMC) hospital here for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded