Pakistani national drowns in pond in JK
Srinagar: A 25-year-old Pakistani national drowned in a pond in frontier district of Kupwara in Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Tuesday.
Safeer Iqbal, a resident of Khul in Pakistan, drowned in Lidderwan pond in Trehgam belt of Kupwara, 130 kms from here, yesterday, a police spokesman said.
He said Iqbal had crossed into Kupwara through Teetwal crossing point on July 12 to meet his uncle in Trehgam.
His body was fished out from the pond and handed over to his uncle after legal formalities, the spokesman said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference