Pakistani national drowns in pond in JK
Srinagar: A 25-year-old Pakistani national drowned in a pond in frontier district of Kupwara in Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Tuesday.
Safeer Iqbal, a resident of Khul in Pakistan, drowned in Lidderwan pond in Trehgam belt of Kupwara, 130 kms from here, yesterday, a police spokesman said.
He said Iqbal had crossed into Kupwara through Teetwal crossing point on July 12 to meet his uncle in Trehgam.
His body was fished out from the pond and handed over to his uncle after legal formalities, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy