Pakistani national drowns in pond in JK
Srinagar: A 25-year-old Pakistani national drowned in a pond in frontier district of Kupwara in Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Tuesday.
Safeer Iqbal, a resident of Khul in Pakistan, drowned in Lidderwan pond in Trehgam belt of Kupwara, 130 kms from here, yesterday, a police spokesman said.
He said Iqbal had crossed into Kupwara through Teetwal crossing point on July 12 to meet his uncle in Trehgam.
His body was fished out from the pond and handed over to his uncle after legal formalities, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security