`Pakistani refugees` settlement package being sent to centre`
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government will send a comprehensive package to the central government for rehabilitating Pakistani refugees settled in Jammu following displacement in 1947, 1965 and 1971.
Minister of State for Revenue, Relief and Rehabilitation Ajaz Ahmad Khan told a delegation of refugees from Pakistan-administered Kashmir Saturday the state government had decided to prepare a rehabilitation package and send it to the central government for approval.
The refugee delegation demanded a one-time settlement, including reservation in government jobs, professional colleges and ownership rights on lands allotted to them by the state government.
The minister assured the delegation that the package would include all these demands.
The minister told the refugees a delegation of parliament members and legislators from Jammu, led by state Congress president Saif-ud-din Soz had met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and requested him for a financial package to help in rehabilitation of people displaced during 1947 and the 1965 and 1971 wars from the then West Pakistan.
The minister also informed the delegation that divisional commissioner, Jammu and revenue secretary have briefed members of a parliamentary standing committee who visited Jammu about the problems/demands of the displaced people.
The members were also informed a package was drafted, involving an amount of Rs.7,000 crore, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Bihar intermediate result 2015 (commerce) on biharboard.ac.in