Pakistani troops fire across LoC in J&K
Srinagar: Heavy firing continued between Indian and Pakistani troops on the Line of Control (LoC) Tuesday in Poonch district of Jammu region.
A defence spokesperson said Pakistani troops resorted to unprovoked firing at Indian positions in Digwar sector along the LoC in Poonch district late Monday night.
"The unprovoked firing at our positions started at 10 p.m. yesterday. We retaliated and the exchange continued till 2 a.m. today (Tuesday) morning.
"No loss has been reported from our side," the spokesman said.
Intelligence agencies in J&K believe that Pakistani troops resort to firing at Indian positions to provide cover to infiltrating guerrillas from across the LoC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter