Pakistani troops target Indian border posts
Jammu: Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir and fired at Indian posts in the Krishna Ghati sector of Poonch district late Wednesday night to facilitate infiltration of terrorists to this side of the frontier, Army sources said.
At around midnight Wednesday, Pakistani troops opened fire at the Indian Army`s Kranti and Kirpan posts in the Krishna Ghati sector, about 220 km north of Jammu, from across the LoC, the sources said on Thursday. The firing was to facilitate the infiltrators from the Pakistani to the Indian side, the sources added.
Indian troops fired back and the exchange lasted for more than 90 minutes, the sources said, adding the infiltration bid was foiled, the sources claimed. It was also described as the ceasefire violation by the Pakistani Army.
Both India and Pakistan had agreed to silence the guns of their armies on the borders in November 2003, but Pakistan has violated it several times since 2005 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi