Pakistani troops target Indian border posts
Jammu: Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir and fired at Indian posts in the Krishna Ghati sector of Poonch district late Wednesday night to facilitate infiltration of terrorists to this side of the frontier, Army sources said.
At around midnight Wednesday, Pakistani troops opened fire at the Indian Army`s Kranti and Kirpan posts in the Krishna Ghati sector, about 220 km north of Jammu, from across the LoC, the sources said on Thursday. The firing was to facilitate the infiltrators from the Pakistani to the Indian side, the sources added.
Indian troops fired back and the exchange lasted for more than 90 minutes, the sources said, adding the infiltration bid was foiled, the sources claimed. It was also described as the ceasefire violation by the Pakistani Army.
Both India and Pakistan had agreed to silence the guns of their armies on the borders in November 2003, but Pakistan has violated it several times since 2005 onwards.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory