Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Jammu
Jammu: Pakistani troops opened fire at India positions on the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu late Friday, an official said Saturday.
"Pakistani troops fired at our positions on the LoC in Pallanwalla area at 10.10 pm. late Friday," Defence spokesman Colonel Manish Mehta told IANS here.
"They used small arms to target our positions. Our troops responded with similar calibre weapons."
The exchange continued for about five minutes.
"No casualty or damage occurred on our side," the spokesman added.
The Indian Army and intelligence agencies accuse Pakistani troops of violating the bilateral ceasefire in Jammu and Kashmir to facilitate infiltration by groups of armed guerrillas into the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!