Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Jammu
Jammu: Pakistani troops opened fire at India positions on the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu late Friday, an official said Saturday.
"Pakistani troops fired at our positions on the LoC in Pallanwalla area at 10.10 pm. late Friday," Defence spokesman Colonel Manish Mehta told IANS here.
"They used small arms to target our positions. Our troops responded with similar calibre weapons."
The exchange continued for about five minutes.
"No casualty or damage occurred on our side," the spokesman added.
The Indian Army and intelligence agencies accuse Pakistani troops of violating the bilateral ceasefire in Jammu and Kashmir to facilitate infiltration by groups of armed guerrillas into the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- ISRO successfully tests scramjet rocket engine
- Rafael Nadal hoping to continue Rio Olympics momentum at US Open
- Guess who? This A-list Bollywood actress can give up career to marry the man she loves
- 'Mann Ki Baat': From praising India's daughters to concern over loss of lives in Kashmir - What all PM Narendra Modi said
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew, restrictions continue for 51st day; businesses suffer losses of Rs 7,500 crore