Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Jammu
Jammu: Pakistani troops opened fire at India positions on the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu late Friday, an official said Saturday.
"Pakistani troops fired at our positions on the LoC in Pallanwalla area at 10.10 pm. late Friday," Defence spokesman Colonel Manish Mehta told IANS here.
"They used small arms to target our positions. Our troops responded with similar calibre weapons."
The exchange continued for about five minutes.
"No casualty or damage occurred on our side," the spokesman added.
The Indian Army and intelligence agencies accuse Pakistani troops of violating the bilateral ceasefire in Jammu and Kashmir to facilitate infiltration by groups of armed guerrillas into the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur