Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Jammu
Jammu: Pakistani troops opened fire at India positions on the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu late Friday, an official said Saturday.
"Pakistani troops fired at our positions on the LoC in Pallanwalla area at 10.10 pm. late Friday," Defence spokesman Colonel Manish Mehta told IANS here.
"They used small arms to target our positions. Our troops responded with similar calibre weapons."
The exchange continued for about five minutes.
"No casualty or damage occurred on our side," the spokesman added.
The Indian Army and intelligence agencies accuse Pakistani troops of violating the bilateral ceasefire in Jammu and Kashmir to facilitate infiltration by groups of armed guerrillas into the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- 'Some objects' spotted as search for missing IAF AN-32 aircraft enters sixth day
- Even Anushka Sharma failed to escape 'Pokemon Go' fever! Watch videos
- Pakistan a dependable ally, says British PM Theresa May
- Yes Bank gets Sebi nod for mutual fund, AMC business
- Canara Bank gets shareholders nod to raise up to Rs 2,000 cr