Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Jammu
Jammu: Pakistani troops opened fire at India positions on the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu late Friday, an official said Saturday.
"Pakistani troops fired at our positions on the LoC in Pallanwalla area at 10.10 pm. late Friday," Defence spokesman Colonel Manish Mehta told IANS here.
"They used small arms to target our positions. Our troops responded with similar calibre weapons."
The exchange continued for about five minutes.
"No casualty or damage occurred on our side," the spokesman added.
The Indian Army and intelligence agencies accuse Pakistani troops of violating the bilateral ceasefire in Jammu and Kashmir to facilitate infiltration by groups of armed guerrillas into the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi