Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in J&K, fire mortar shells
Srinagar: Pakistani troops on Sunday violated ceasefire by firing mortar shells towards Indian Army posts in Uri sector near the Line of Control.
"They (Pakistan army) started firing mortar shells towards our posts at Churunda village in Uri sector around 3.15 am," an Army spokesman said.
He said some of the shells landed close to civilian habitation but there was no damage done.
The spokesman said the Army retaliated the Pakistani shelling briefly after which there has been quiet from both sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie