Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in J&K, fire mortar shells
Srinagar: Pakistani troops on Sunday violated ceasefire by firing mortar shells towards Indian Army posts in Uri sector near the Line of Control.
"They (Pakistan army) started firing mortar shells towards our posts at Churunda village in Uri sector around 3.15 am," an Army spokesman said.
He said some of the shells landed close to civilian habitation but there was no damage done.
The spokesman said the Army retaliated the Pakistani shelling briefly after which there has been quiet from both sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital