Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in J&K, fire mortar shells
Srinagar: Pakistani troops on Sunday violated ceasefire by firing mortar shells towards Indian Army posts in Uri sector near the Line of Control.
"They (Pakistan army) started firing mortar shells towards our posts at Churunda village in Uri sector around 3.15 am," an Army spokesman said.
He said some of the shells landed close to civilian habitation but there was no damage done.
The spokesman said the Army retaliated the Pakistani shelling briefly after which there has been quiet from both sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves