Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in J&K, fire mortar shells
Srinagar: Pakistani troops on Sunday violated ceasefire by firing mortar shells towards Indian Army posts in Uri sector near the Line of Control.
"They (Pakistan army) started firing mortar shells towards our posts at Churunda village in Uri sector around 3.15 am," an Army spokesman said.
He said some of the shells landed close to civilian habitation but there was no damage done.
The spokesman said the Army retaliated the Pakistani shelling briefly after which there has been quiet from both sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends