Pakistani troops violate LoC ceasefire, shell Indian posts
Poonch: Pakistani troops on Thursday resorted to firing and shelling on Indian posts along the LoC in Poonch district, the latest in a series of violations of the 2003 ceasefire in the region.
Pakistani troops opened small arms firing and shelling of mortar bombs on Indian posts along LoC in Dera Basi-Balakote-Mendhar forward areas in Poonch from 1400 hours today, police officials said.
The firing was on when the last reports came in as Indian troops guarding the border line took positions and retaliated effectively resulting in exchanges, they said.
There was no loss of life or injury in the firing, according to police.
There have been 127 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir this year, which is highest in past eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns
- iPhone 7? Apple Inc sends out invite for September 7 'special event'
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi