Pakistani troops violate LoC ceasefire, shell Indian posts
Poonch: Pakistani troops on Thursday resorted to firing and shelling on Indian posts along the LoC in Poonch district, the latest in a series of violations of the 2003 ceasefire in the region.
Pakistani troops opened small arms firing and shelling of mortar bombs on Indian posts along LoC in Dera Basi-Balakote-Mendhar forward areas in Poonch from 1400 hours today, police officials said.
The firing was on when the last reports came in as Indian troops guarding the border line took positions and retaliated effectively resulting in exchanges, they said.
There was no loss of life or injury in the firing, according to police.
There have been 127 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir this year, which is highest in past eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman