Pakistani troops violate LoC ceasefire, shell Indian posts
Poonch: Pakistani troops on Thursday resorted to firing and shelling on Indian posts along the LoC in Poonch district, the latest in a series of violations of the 2003 ceasefire in the region.
Pakistani troops opened small arms firing and shelling of mortar bombs on Indian posts along LoC in Dera Basi-Balakote-Mendhar forward areas in Poonch from 1400 hours today, police officials said.
The firing was on when the last reports came in as Indian troops guarding the border line took positions and retaliated effectively resulting in exchanges, they said.
There was no loss of life or injury in the firing, according to police.
There have been 127 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir this year, which is highest in past eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested