Panchayat Ghar damaged in fire
Srinagar: A Panchayat Ghar was damaged in a fire in Central Kashmir`s Ganderbal district, police said on Sunday.
Fire broke out in the Panchayat Ghar in Tulmulla village in Ganderbal, 27 kms from here, at around 11:30 pm last night, police said.
The fire destroyed the ceiling of the building but the blaze was controlled by the firefighters, they said.
The cause of the fire is being ascertained, they said, adding police has registered a case.
However, sources said the incident seems to be a "handiwork of miscreants".
"The door of the building was broken open and it seems some miscreants set the building on fire deliberately," the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off