Panchayat Ghar damaged in fire
Srinagar: A Panchayat Ghar was damaged in a fire in Central Kashmir`s Ganderbal district, police said on Sunday.
Fire broke out in the Panchayat Ghar in Tulmulla village in Ganderbal, 27 kms from here, at around 11:30 pm last night, police said.
The fire destroyed the ceiling of the building but the blaze was controlled by the firefighters, they said.
The cause of the fire is being ascertained, they said, adding police has registered a case.
However, sources said the incident seems to be a "handiwork of miscreants".
"The door of the building was broken open and it seems some miscreants set the building on fire deliberately," the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city