Panchayat member shot dead in Kashmir
Srinagar: A panchayat member was today shot dead after militants opened fire at him in Kulgam district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
The ultras opened fire on Ghulam Mohammad Bhat from close range at Wanpoh in Kulgam district, 70 kms from here, at around 6.45 pm, they said.
Bhat, a panch, who had sustained critical injuries and was rushed to a hospital, succumbed to his injuries, they said.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray