Panchayat members to get insurance cover, honorarium: J&K Cong
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government is making efforts to provide an insurance cover and honorarium to the Panchayat members, state chief of Congress Saifuddin Soz said here on Saturday.
"The NC-Congress government will provide honorarium and insurance cover apart from other facilities to panchayat members," he told reporters after a function attended by panchayat representatives.
On the issue of honorarium, Soz said that he and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah have raised the issue before Union Minister of Rural Development and Panchayats.
"We reiterate the commitment of coalition government for empowering the Panchayats by incorporating the necessary provisions of 73rd Amendment in the state," he said.
Soz congratulated party workers for the victory of coalition candidates in the recent state legislative council polls under the panchayat quota.
Panchayat conferences will be soon held in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'