Panchayat members to get insurance cover, honorarium: J&K Cong
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government is making efforts to provide an insurance cover and honorarium to the Panchayat members, state chief of Congress Saifuddin Soz said here on Saturday.
"The NC-Congress government will provide honorarium and insurance cover apart from other facilities to panchayat members," he told reporters after a function attended by panchayat representatives.
On the issue of honorarium, Soz said that he and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah have raised the issue before Union Minister of Rural Development and Panchayats.
"We reiterate the commitment of coalition government for empowering the Panchayats by incorporating the necessary provisions of 73rd Amendment in the state," he said.
Soz congratulated party workers for the victory of coalition candidates in the recent state legislative council polls under the panchayat quota.
Panchayat conferences will be soon held in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal