Panchayat members to get insurance cover, honorarium: J&K Cong
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government is making efforts to provide an insurance cover and honorarium to the Panchayat members, state chief of Congress Saifuddin Soz said here on Saturday.
"The NC-Congress government will provide honorarium and insurance cover apart from other facilities to panchayat members," he told reporters after a function attended by panchayat representatives.
On the issue of honorarium, Soz said that he and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah have raised the issue before Union Minister of Rural Development and Panchayats.
"We reiterate the commitment of coalition government for empowering the Panchayats by incorporating the necessary provisions of 73rd Amendment in the state," he said.
Soz congratulated party workers for the victory of coalition candidates in the recent state legislative council polls under the panchayat quota.
Panchayat conferences will be soon held in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh