Panchayat members to get insurance cover, honorarium: J&K Cong
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government is making efforts to provide an insurance cover and honorarium to the Panchayat members, state chief of Congress Saifuddin Soz said here on Saturday.
"The NC-Congress government will provide honorarium and insurance cover apart from other facilities to panchayat members," he told reporters after a function attended by panchayat representatives.
On the issue of honorarium, Soz said that he and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah have raised the issue before Union Minister of Rural Development and Panchayats.
"We reiterate the commitment of coalition government for empowering the Panchayats by incorporating the necessary provisions of 73rd Amendment in the state," he said.
Soz congratulated party workers for the victory of coalition candidates in the recent state legislative council polls under the panchayat quota.
Panchayat conferences will be soon held in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'