Panchayats are competent to issue Dogra Certificate: JKNPP
Jammu: Issuing a legal advisory that
panchayats are competent authority to issue Dogra certificate,
the Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) on Sunday
said that the army recruitment boards should be obliged to
honour such certificates.
"The panchayats are competent to issue Dogra
certificate to fulfill the aspirations of the Dogras in this
regard. Army recruitment boards should be obliged to honour
such certificates," JKNPP Chairman Bhim Singh said.
He said that in democracy identity of the people is
the basic fundamental right which cannot be denied to the
"The centre`s failure to check the hike in petrol
price and other commodities will bring catastrophe to the
lives of the people," Singh said.
He said the J&K Cabinet decision for the so called
return and rehabilitation of the terrorists from Pakistan
amounts in the infringement of the Supreme Court order staying
the Resettlement Act.
Singh added that the decision is highly dangerous to
the security of India, particularly when terrorist are forced
to leave Pakistan under pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list