Pandemonium in J&K Assembly on Budget Session`s first day
Jammu: Pandemonium broke out in the Jammu
and Kashmir Assembly Monday with the Opposition shouting
slogans and staging a walkout during the joint address of
Governor NN Vohra to the state legislature on the opening day
of the Budget Session.
As Vohra started his address, Opposition PDP, BJP, Jammu
and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP), and Jammu State
Morcha started demonstrations and sloganeering accusing the
state government of failing to check deteriorating law and
order condition, among other issues.
Harshdev Singh, Balwant Singh Mankotia and Yashpal Kundal
of JKNPP staged a walkout in the Assembly followed by 11
members of BJP.
PDP members continued their protest during the Governor`s
Mehbooba Mufti tried to disrupt Vohra`s speech and
accused Omar Abdullah government of arresting youth branding
them as "stone pelters. The state government has adopted a
stone for bullet policy...," she said.
Harshdev Singh told reporters that "there is an increase
in violence triggered by militants this year. The development
is not seen anywhere during the period of Omar Abdullah`s
The party would raise the issue of price rise, Sagir
Commission report, Delimitation Commission and surrender
policy on the floor of the House, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader