Pandit youths to sit on chain hunger strike
Jammu: Lashing out at the state government
for not filling up 1,562 government posts sanctioned by the
Prime Minister, Kashmiri Pandit youths on Wednesday threatened to
resort to a chain hunger strike here from January 28 if their
demands were not met.
Over 300 displaced Kashmiri Pandit youths today held
protests for being denied jobs under the PM`s employment
"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh gave us an employment
policy with all financial support and the state government is
denying us. We have been running from pillar to post for
implementation of the cabinet order for recruitment to the
remaining 1,562 posts for the past one year," Sanjay Koul told
reporters here today.
"After one year the state government has turned down the
appointment of the youths already put in waiting list for
recruitment to these remaining posts, which is totally
discriminative," he said.
"We seek personal intervention of Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi to ensure that the
policy is implemented in letter and spirit," Koul said.
"State government cannot deny implementation of the PM`s
package for the displaced community. We are supporting their
demands fully," All Party Migrant Coordination Committee
Chairman Vinood Pandit said.
The PM had announced a special employment package of
3,000 posts for displaced Kashmiri migrants in 2007. While
over 1,438 posts for the community were filled from 2007
onward by the state government, 1,562 are yet to be filled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days