Pandit youths to sit on chain hunger strike
Jammu: Lashing out at the state government
for not filling up 1,562 government posts sanctioned by the
Prime Minister, Kashmiri Pandit youths on Wednesday threatened to
resort to a chain hunger strike here from January 28 if their
demands were not met.
Over 300 displaced Kashmiri Pandit youths today held
protests for being denied jobs under the PM`s employment
"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh gave us an employment
policy with all financial support and the state government is
denying us. We have been running from pillar to post for
implementation of the cabinet order for recruitment to the
remaining 1,562 posts for the past one year," Sanjay Koul told
reporters here today.
"After one year the state government has turned down the
appointment of the youths already put in waiting list for
recruitment to these remaining posts, which is totally
discriminative," he said.
"We seek personal intervention of Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi to ensure that the
policy is implemented in letter and spirit," Koul said.
"State government cannot deny implementation of the PM`s
package for the displaced community. We are supporting their
demands fully," All Party Migrant Coordination Committee
Chairman Vinood Pandit said.
The PM had announced a special employment package of
3,000 posts for displaced Kashmiri migrants in 2007. While
over 1,438 posts for the community were filled from 2007
onward by the state government, 1,562 are yet to be filled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'