Pandits demand CBI probe into sale of temple land
New Delhi: Opposing selling of temple land in the Valley, Kashmiri Pandits on Sunday staged a protest here demanding a CBI probe into the issue.
The protesters said they will submit a memorandum to the Prime Minister and the Home Minister in this regard. Members of All Parties Migrant Co-ordination Committee (APMCC) also demanded the passing of the pending `Temples and
Shrines Bill` in the J&K Assembly and demanded a probe into the alleged temples and shrine land "encroachment" in the Valley.
"The government is hand in glove with the miscreants and this sale of temple land shows that the government is not serious about return of Kashmiri Pandits to their homeland," Ravinder Pandita, Incharge of Delhi Unit of APMCC, alleged.
"We demand a CBI probe into the matter and if the govt does not take action, our protest will turn stronger and bigger," Pandita said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside