Pandits demand CBI probe into sale of temple land
New Delhi: Opposing selling of temple land in the Valley, Kashmiri Pandits on Sunday staged a protest here demanding a CBI probe into the issue.
The protesters said they will submit a memorandum to the Prime Minister and the Home Minister in this regard. Members of All Parties Migrant Co-ordination Committee (APMCC) also demanded the passing of the pending `Temples and
Shrines Bill` in the J&K Assembly and demanded a probe into the alleged temples and shrine land "encroachment" in the Valley.
"The government is hand in glove with the miscreants and this sale of temple land shows that the government is not serious about return of Kashmiri Pandits to their homeland," Ravinder Pandita, Incharge of Delhi Unit of APMCC, alleged.
"We demand a CBI probe into the matter and if the govt does not take action, our protest will turn stronger and bigger," Pandita said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP