Pandits demand CBI probe into sale of temple land
New Delhi: Opposing selling of temple land in the Valley, Kashmiri Pandits on Sunday staged a protest here demanding a CBI probe into the issue.
The protesters said they will submit a memorandum to the Prime Minister and the Home Minister in this regard. Members of All Parties Migrant Co-ordination Committee (APMCC) also demanded the passing of the pending `Temples and
Shrines Bill` in the J&K Assembly and demanded a probe into the alleged temples and shrine land "encroachment" in the Valley.
"The government is hand in glove with the miscreants and this sale of temple land shows that the government is not serious about return of Kashmiri Pandits to their homeland," Ravinder Pandita, Incharge of Delhi Unit of APMCC, alleged.
"We demand a CBI probe into the matter and if the govt does not take action, our protest will turn stronger and bigger," Pandita said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened