Pandits demand CBI probe into sale of temple land
New Delhi: Opposing selling of temple land in the Valley, Kashmiri Pandits on Sunday staged a protest here demanding a CBI probe into the issue.
The protesters said they will submit a memorandum to the Prime Minister and the Home Minister in this regard. Members of All Parties Migrant Co-ordination Committee (APMCC) also demanded the passing of the pending `Temples and
Shrines Bill` in the J&K Assembly and demanded a probe into the alleged temples and shrine land "encroachment" in the Valley.
"The government is hand in glove with the miscreants and this sale of temple land shows that the government is not serious about return of Kashmiri Pandits to their homeland," Ravinder Pandita, Incharge of Delhi Unit of APMCC, alleged.
"We demand a CBI probe into the matter and if the govt does not take action, our protest will turn stronger and bigger," Pandita said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study