Pandits demand CBI probe into sale of temple land
New Delhi: Opposing selling of temple land in the Valley, Kashmiri Pandits on Sunday staged a protest here demanding a CBI probe into the issue.
The protesters said they will submit a memorandum to the Prime Minister and the Home Minister in this regard. Members of All Parties Migrant Co-ordination Committee (APMCC) also demanded the passing of the pending `Temples and
Shrines Bill` in the J&K Assembly and demanded a probe into the alleged temples and shrine land "encroachment" in the Valley.
"The government is hand in glove with the miscreants and this sale of temple land shows that the government is not serious about return of Kashmiri Pandits to their homeland," Ravinder Pandita, Incharge of Delhi Unit of APMCC, alleged.
"We demand a CBI probe into the matter and if the govt does not take action, our protest will turn stronger and bigger," Pandita said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr