Pandits slam community members who met Hurriyat leaders
New Delhi: Kashmiri Pandits on Sunday distanced themselves from a few members of the community who recently met Hurriyat leaders, saying their "shameful" act was in their individual capacity which no recognized organisation of the community supports.
A conference held here under the banner of Panun Kashmir condemned those who met the separatist leaders in April, terming it as a "self-seeking" act.
"All of us convey in very strong and unambiguous terms our condemnation of the act of the group of Kashmiri Hindus having met Hurriyat leaders in the Kashmir Valley recently. The group has brought shame to the entire community of Kashmiri Hindus," a resolution adopted at the meeting said.
"We, Kashmiri Pandits, disown the activities of those who met Hurriyat leaders. We want to state unambiguously that they represent only themselves or their masters at whose behest they work," it said.
The resolution said Kashmiri Hindus consider the leaders of separatist movement of Jammu and Kashmir as "extremely regressive" who seek to destroy all kinds of freedom which human kind should enjoy.
Addressing the meet, Panun Kashmir Chairman Ajay Chrungoo said the act of the few individuals amounted to betrayal of the community and needed to be condemned.
Apprehending that some force would have been behind the development, he said such people act to create divisions within the community which was forced out of the Kashmir Valley by the separatists 23 years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof