Panel of BJP MPs meets cross section of people in Jammu
Jammu: A group of BJP MPs on Tuesday met a cross
section of people here including Kashmiri Pandits, refugees
and Muslims to have a first hand assessment of the problems
faced by them.
A study group of party MPs on Jammu and Kashmir led by
Rajnath Singh and comprising Ravi Shankar Prasad, Shah Nawaz
Hussain, Maya Singh and JK Jain visited certain areas on the
outskirts of the city where delegations of refugees, Gujjars,
Muslims and Kashmiri Pandits met them and gave their viewpoint
on "discrimination and other problems" plaguing the region.
The delegations told the group that discrimination was
not confined to any particular religion and Muslims in Jammu
too are being ignored by "Kashmir-centric successive
governments", a spokesman of the panel said.
They also complained of problems like lack of job
opportunities, delay in holding the delimitation exercise and
alleged manipulation of the recently released census report.
Other issues discussed were abrogation of Article 370,
holding of Panchayat elections after 73rd amendment, Dogra
Certificate, controversy related to Amarnath Yatra,
manipulation in selection by PSC and step-motherly treatment
with Jammu and Ladakh regions, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Rashtrapati Bhavan battles mosquitoes
- Rio Olympics inspired mural sets new Guinness World Record
- Terror motive suspected in Australia stabbing attack
- Indians wildly celebrating two 'losing' medals? This British journalist terms it EMBARRASSING!
- Driverless cars on the horizon, but India far from ready