Panel to review facilities to Amarnath pilgrims
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
today set up a high powered committee to review existing
facilities to Amarnath pilgrims and for making suggestions to
upgrade and expand infrastructure for the annual yatra from
"B R Sharma, Principal Secretary (Home), Kuldeep Khoda,
Director General of Police, B B Vyas, Principal Secretary to
the Chief Minister, Principal Secretary Planning, Sudhanshu
Pandey, Commissioner-Secretary, Finance and R K Goyal,
Principal Secretary to the Governor have been nominated as
members of the high powered committee," an official spokesman
He said the decision to this effect was taken at a meeting
between Governor N N Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
during which several cabinet ministers were also present.
Goyal, who is also Chief Executive Officer of the Shri
Amarnath Shrine Board, will be the Convener of the Committee,
the spokesman said.
The newly constituted committee will assess the adequacy
of the existing infrastructure facilities and prepare a
well-considered action plan regarding expansion and
upgradation of existing infrastructure and the establishment
of new facilities for ensuring the pilgrims a safe and
The spokesman said the meeting felt that keeping in view
the loss of 107 lives during the Yatra 2011, it was necessary
to identifying and implement appropriate measures for
improving the regulation of the pilgrimage.
Other matters which were discussed included upgradation
and strengthening of medicare facilities for the Yatris at the
Base Camps, camps enroute and in the Holy Cave area and
augmentation of drinking water and power supply, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise