Panic in Jammu as police finds abandoned suitcase
Jammu: Panic gripped the border town of R S Pura in Jammu district on Thursday when police found an abandoned suitcase in a petrol pump and called in the bomb disposal squad to remove it.
"Police found a suitcase near a petrol pump in a crowded area in R S Pura under suspicious circumstances. We called in a Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) this morning", Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Jammu-Samba-Kathua range, J P Singh said.
As the police force is on a high alert in view of the ongoing Amarnath yatra in Jammu, the BDS immediately shifted it to an isolated area.
They later blasted it with an aim to defuse; Singh said adding that no explosive material or timer devices were recovered from it.
Only some tools and vehicular parts were recovered from the suitcase, he said adding that it must have been a tool-box which may have fallen from a bus or truck.
However, the police called in experts to examine the material and check for explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say