Panic in Jammu as police finds abandoned suitcase
Jammu: Panic gripped the border town of R S Pura in Jammu district on Thursday when police found an abandoned suitcase in a petrol pump and called in the bomb disposal squad to remove it.
"Police found a suitcase near a petrol pump in a crowded area in R S Pura under suspicious circumstances. We called in a Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) this morning", Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Jammu-Samba-Kathua range, J P Singh said.
As the police force is on a high alert in view of the ongoing Amarnath yatra in Jammu, the BDS immediately shifted it to an isolated area.
They later blasted it with an aim to defuse; Singh said adding that no explosive material or timer devices were recovered from it.
Only some tools and vehicular parts were recovered from the suitcase, he said adding that it must have been a tool-box which may have fallen from a bus or truck.
However, the police called in experts to examine the material and check for explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof