Panic in Jammu as police finds abandoned suitcase
Jammu: Panic gripped the border town of R S Pura in Jammu district on Thursday when police found an abandoned suitcase in a petrol pump and called in the bomb disposal squad to remove it.
"Police found a suitcase near a petrol pump in a crowded area in R S Pura under suspicious circumstances. We called in a Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) this morning", Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Jammu-Samba-Kathua range, J P Singh said.
As the police force is on a high alert in view of the ongoing Amarnath yatra in Jammu, the BDS immediately shifted it to an isolated area.
They later blasted it with an aim to defuse; Singh said adding that no explosive material or timer devices were recovered from it.
Only some tools and vehicular parts were recovered from the suitcase, he said adding that it must have been a tool-box which may have fallen from a bus or truck.
However, the police called in experts to examine the material and check for explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites