Panthers Party demands imposition of Governor`s rule in J&K
Srinagar: Alleging total anarchy in Jammu
and Kashmir, a Panthers Party (JKNPP) delegation today met the
Governor N N Vohra and demanded imposition of Governor`s rule
in the state.
"There is total anarchy in Kashmir, thousands of youth
and students have been put in jails, dozen have been killed
resulting into a mass uprising against the Omar Abdullah -led
government. We urged the Governor for immediate action under
Section 92 of J&K Constitution (imposition of Governor`s
rule)", party leader and MLC Syed Rafiq Shah who led the
delegation to Vohra told reporters.
In a memorandum submitted to the governor the party said,
"If the Central Government has any reservations about imposing
Governor`s Rule, the Governor may appoint any person as
caretaker Chief Minister who is acceptable to the people of
all the regions and from all schools of thought."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days