Panthers Party demands imposition of Governor`s rule in J&K
Srinagar: Alleging total anarchy in Jammu
and Kashmir, a Panthers Party (JKNPP) delegation today met the
Governor N N Vohra and demanded imposition of Governor`s rule
in the state.
"There is total anarchy in Kashmir, thousands of youth
and students have been put in jails, dozen have been killed
resulting into a mass uprising against the Omar Abdullah -led
government. We urged the Governor for immediate action under
Section 92 of J&K Constitution (imposition of Governor`s
rule)", party leader and MLC Syed Rafiq Shah who led the
delegation to Vohra told reporters.
In a memorandum submitted to the governor the party said,
"If the Central Government has any reservations about imposing
Governor`s Rule, the Governor may appoint any person as
caretaker Chief Minister who is acceptable to the people of
all the regions and from all schools of thought."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter