Panthers Party demands imposition of Governor`s rule in J&K
Srinagar: Alleging total anarchy in Jammu
and Kashmir, a Panthers Party (JKNPP) delegation today met the
Governor N N Vohra and demanded imposition of Governor`s rule
in the state.
"There is total anarchy in Kashmir, thousands of youth
and students have been put in jails, dozen have been killed
resulting into a mass uprising against the Omar Abdullah -led
government. We urged the Governor for immediate action under
Section 92 of J&K Constitution (imposition of Governor`s
rule)", party leader and MLC Syed Rafiq Shah who led the
delegation to Vohra told reporters.
In a memorandum submitted to the governor the party said,
"If the Central Government has any reservations about imposing
Governor`s Rule, the Governor may appoint any person as
caretaker Chief Minister who is acceptable to the people of
all the regions and from all schools of thought."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!