Panthers Party demands imposition of Governor`s rule in J&K
Srinagar: Alleging total anarchy in Jammu
and Kashmir, a Panthers Party (JKNPP) delegation today met the
Governor N N Vohra and demanded imposition of Governor`s rule
in the state.
"There is total anarchy in Kashmir, thousands of youth
and students have been put in jails, dozen have been killed
resulting into a mass uprising against the Omar Abdullah -led
government. We urged the Governor for immediate action under
Section 92 of J&K Constitution (imposition of Governor`s
rule)", party leader and MLC Syed Rafiq Shah who led the
delegation to Vohra told reporters.
In a memorandum submitted to the governor the party said,
"If the Central Government has any reservations about imposing
Governor`s Rule, the Governor may appoint any person as
caretaker Chief Minister who is acceptable to the people of
all the regions and from all schools of thought."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued