Panthers Party demands reorganisation of J-K
Srinagar: The JK National Panthers Party on Friday pressed for reorganisation of Jammu and Kashmir and opposed the demand for greater autonomy or self-rule.
"The only way out is to go for reorganisation of the entire State of J&K. The Prime Minister may invite the advocates of autonomy, self-rule and the reorganisation so that a consensus may be evolved to restore regional harmony and understanding within the state," Panthers Party chief Bhim Singh said in a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, a
copy of which was released to the media here.
"Those who are talking of Greater Autonomy, they are helping the enemies of J&K because any further autonomy shall only be separation from the Union which 99 percent people of J&K would not accept. Same is the fate of self-rule demand", he said.
The Panthers Party also condemned the statements by a US pastor on burning of holy Quran, terming it as a "mad attempt" to flare up communal divide and hatred among the people of different faiths and religions and appealed for calm and unity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state