Panthers Party demands reorganisation of J-K
Srinagar: The JK National Panthers Party on Friday pressed for reorganisation of Jammu and Kashmir and opposed the demand for greater autonomy or self-rule.
"The only way out is to go for reorganisation of the entire State of J&K. The Prime Minister may invite the advocates of autonomy, self-rule and the reorganisation so that a consensus may be evolved to restore regional harmony and understanding within the state," Panthers Party chief Bhim Singh said in a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, a
copy of which was released to the media here.
"Those who are talking of Greater Autonomy, they are helping the enemies of J&K because any further autonomy shall only be separation from the Union which 99 percent people of J&K would not accept. Same is the fate of self-rule demand", he said.
The Panthers Party also condemned the statements by a US pastor on burning of holy Quran, terming it as a "mad attempt" to flare up communal divide and hatred among the people of different faiths and religions and appealed for calm and unity.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living