Panthers Party for two CMs
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) today favoured separate Chief Ministers and legislative assemblies for Jammu and Kashmir regions.
It also sought Union Territory status for Ladakh to end what it said six decades of tension and regional conflict in the state.
"The best solution to end this regional conflict is to have two Chief Ministers and separate assemblies for Jammu and Kashmir regions and the UT status for Ladakh," JKNPP head Prof Bhim Singh said.
He also launched a signature campaign in support of party`s 2011 agenda.
Reorganisation of the state on the basis of cultural, linguistic and geographical identity of each region -- Ladakh, Kashmir and Jammu -- was the agenda of the party, Singh told reporters here.
"The Panthers Party stands for legislative, political and financial powers for each region to address aspirations of the people."
The party held a seminar here soliciting the opinion of intellectuals and political leaders on its new agenda for Jammu and Kashmir in 2011.
There was a consensus that domination of one region over the other must end, Singh said.
He appealed to people, especially youths, to ensure that Kashmir and Jammu regions have separate Chief Ministers and assemblies by 2012.
This was the only solution to various problems faced by the people of all the three regions of the state, the JKNPP supremo said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest