Panthers Party men attacked by mob in Sopore, none injured
Srinagar: Supporters of Panthers Party came
under stone-pelting by a mob while passing through Sopore
township of Baramulla district in Jammu and Kashmir today.
However, no one was hurt in the stone-pelting resorted to
by a group of youth on a cavalcade carrying the activists of
the Panthers Party to Srinagar from Kupwara district, official
They said dozens of party activists were raising slogans
in support of their chief Bhim Singh when they were attacked
at Sopore, 55 kms from here.
Police immediately intervened and chased away the mob,
who were raising anti-India slogans, the sources said.
Meanwhile, groups of youth also indulged in stone-pelting
at Nowhatta in the vicinity of Jamia Masjid in interior city
demanding release of a youth arrested by police for his
alleged involvement in stone-pelting incidents last year.
Police used batons to chase away the protestors but no
one was hurt, the sources said.
They said all shops and business establishments in the
area remained closed while traffic was diverted through other
routes following the clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says