Panthers Party men attacked by mob in Sopore, none injured
Srinagar: Supporters of Panthers Party came
under stone-pelting by a mob while passing through Sopore
township of Baramulla district in Jammu and Kashmir today.
However, no one was hurt in the stone-pelting resorted to
by a group of youth on a cavalcade carrying the activists of
the Panthers Party to Srinagar from Kupwara district, official
They said dozens of party activists were raising slogans
in support of their chief Bhim Singh when they were attacked
at Sopore, 55 kms from here.
Police immediately intervened and chased away the mob,
who were raising anti-India slogans, the sources said.
Meanwhile, groups of youth also indulged in stone-pelting
at Nowhatta in the vicinity of Jamia Masjid in interior city
demanding release of a youth arrested by police for his
alleged involvement in stone-pelting incidents last year.
Police used batons to chase away the protestors but no
one was hurt, the sources said.
They said all shops and business establishments in the
area remained closed while traffic was diverted through other
routes following the clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday