Panun Kashmir seeks separate homeland for Pandits
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Thursday said sought establishment of a separate homeland with full and free flow of Indian constitution in the Kashmir Valley.
"The geo-political aspirations of the seven lakh Kashmiri Pandits can only be addressed with the establishment of a separate Homeland with full and free flow of Indian constitution in Kashmir valley", President Panun Kashmir Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo said today.
The organisation held a conference at Jammu today to review the recently announced rehabilitation measures for the displaced community and the Goa conclave.
Referring to the resolution passed at the Goa conclave recently, he said the government of India should take strong measures for the reversal of genocide and ethnic cleansing of Kashmiri Pandits in Kashmir.
It also demanded the abrogation of Article 370 and also demanded that the Kashmiri Pandits be provided all facilities till they are settled in their homeland.
The resolution also demanded that the refugees of 1947 who continue to live in the Jammu and Kashmir state be given full citizenship rights under the constitution of India, Chrungoo said.
Panun Kashmir also expressed its satisfaction over the recent cabinet decision regarding the enhancement of relief to the relief holders, a measure that was long overdue.
However, it said that the so-called rehabilitation package of any kind is no substitute to the fulfilment of the geo-political rights of the Kashmiri Pandits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow