Panun Kashmir to observe 14th Sep as Black Day in J&K
Jammu: Panun Kashmir Monday said that the community will observe Black Day on September 14th, the day on which in 1989 separatists started the selective killings of Pandits in the Valley.
"We will observe the `Martyrs Day` on 14th September as the Black Day as this day will always remind us that we will not have to rest till the justice is not delivered to the persecuted community of the Kashmiri Pandits and the murderers of the Pandits are not brought to the book", Chairman of Panun Kashmir, Dr Ajay Chrungoo told reporters here today.
`Martyrs Day` is observed every year by the religiously cleansed KP community on 14th September, as the day of protest against the brutal killings of the Pandits and the security forces by the militants in Kashmir, he said.
It was on this day in 1989 when the separatists started the selective killing of the prominent Kashmiri hindus to drive home the point that the Indian nationalists have no place in their ancestral homeland, he said.
"We reiterate our demand for carving out homeland in Kashmir valley for KPS", he said.
The memory of our genocide at the hands of the militants in Kashmir is our shield against our further persecution, he said.
Community is appealed to assemble at the Press Club, Jammu on 14th September at 10 am to participate in the protest rally and pay rich tributes to our martyrs who laid down their lives for the dignity of the Indian nation, he said.
Community members are requested to observe this day as a Black Day and apply for the mass casual leave and close their business establishments as a mark of respect to the departed souls.
People can also register their protest by wearing black badges and hoisting the black flags, he added.
Chrungoo said "this day reminds us that the Indian state has failed to protect the right to life of the minority community in Kashmir as enshrined in the Indian constitution".
The recent threats issued to the KP employees in Kashmir by the Muslim separatists establishes the fact that there is no change on ground, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed