Panun Kashmir to observe 14th Sep as Black Day in J&K
Jammu: Panun Kashmir Monday said that the community will observe Black Day on September 14th, the day on which in 1989 separatists started the selective killings of Pandits in the Valley.
"We will observe the `Martyrs Day` on 14th September as the Black Day as this day will always remind us that we will not have to rest till the justice is not delivered to the persecuted community of the Kashmiri Pandits and the murderers of the Pandits are not brought to the book", Chairman of Panun Kashmir, Dr Ajay Chrungoo told reporters here today.
`Martyrs Day` is observed every year by the religiously cleansed KP community on 14th September, as the day of protest against the brutal killings of the Pandits and the security forces by the militants in Kashmir, he said.
It was on this day in 1989 when the separatists started the selective killing of the prominent Kashmiri hindus to drive home the point that the Indian nationalists have no place in their ancestral homeland, he said.
"We reiterate our demand for carving out homeland in Kashmir valley for KPS", he said.
The memory of our genocide at the hands of the militants in Kashmir is our shield against our further persecution, he said.
Community is appealed to assemble at the Press Club, Jammu on 14th September at 10 am to participate in the protest rally and pay rich tributes to our martyrs who laid down their lives for the dignity of the Indian nation, he said.
Community members are requested to observe this day as a Black Day and apply for the mass casual leave and close their business establishments as a mark of respect to the departed souls.
People can also register their protest by wearing black badges and hoisting the black flags, he added.
Chrungoo said "this day reminds us that the Indian state has failed to protect the right to life of the minority community in Kashmir as enshrined in the Indian constitution".
The recent threats issued to the KP employees in Kashmir by the Muslim separatists establishes the fact that there is no change on ground, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan