Panun Kashmir warns against dangers of greater autonomy to J&K
Jammu: An organisation of Kashmiri Pandits
on Sunday accused the country`s leadership of being ignorant about
the political and constitutional history of Jammu and Kashmir
and warned that patronising concepts of self-rule or autonomy
for the state was detrimental to its accession with India.
"We emphatically warn that concepts of self-rule or
greater Autonomy, porous borders, shared sovereignty, which
the Centre has patronized, actually undermine the accession
and act as cardinal insults to the unity of India," Panun
Kashmir`s political affairs committee chairman M K Teng said
at a seminar here.
Describing the Instrument of Accession executed by the
then Maharaja Hari Singh as a political tool, the
constitutional expert, said it was irreversible and
irreducible, irrespective of the circumstances and events in
which it was accomplished.
Held on the topic of Jammu and Kashmir`s accession with
the Union of India, the seminar was part of a campaign to
educate people about the subject.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah had recently hit the
headlines after making a statement in the state assembly
that Jammu and Kashmir had acceded with India and not merged
Addressing the seminar, Prof Hari Om accused the Indian
leadership of being "woefully ignorant" of the constitutional
and political history of Jammu and Kashmir saying the Foreign
Minister`s recent statement comparing the case of the state
with that of Mysore was "grossly misplaced".
"The comparison which he (SM Krishna) drew between Jammu
and Kashmir and Mysore is grossly misplaced. Mysore formed
part of the smaller princely states which joined together or
with the provinces in which they were placed and as such had
to sign the Instrument of Attachment which some also call as
Instrument of Merger," he said.
Panun Kashmir Chief Ajay Chrungoo said, "We are
witnessing a treacherous assault from within to lacerate the
secular nation building vision based on right to equality. The
so-called dispute of Jammu and Kashmir is being used by the
enemies of the nation to wreck the national unity and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA