Panun Kashmir warns against dangers of greater autonomy to J&K
Jammu: An organisation of Kashmiri Pandits
on Sunday accused the country`s leadership of being ignorant about
the political and constitutional history of Jammu and Kashmir
and warned that patronising concepts of self-rule or autonomy
for the state was detrimental to its accession with India.
"We emphatically warn that concepts of self-rule or
greater Autonomy, porous borders, shared sovereignty, which
the Centre has patronized, actually undermine the accession
and act as cardinal insults to the unity of India," Panun
Kashmir`s political affairs committee chairman M K Teng said
at a seminar here.
Describing the Instrument of Accession executed by the
then Maharaja Hari Singh as a political tool, the
constitutional expert, said it was irreversible and
irreducible, irrespective of the circumstances and events in
which it was accomplished.
Held on the topic of Jammu and Kashmir`s accession with
the Union of India, the seminar was part of a campaign to
educate people about the subject.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah had recently hit the
headlines after making a statement in the state assembly
that Jammu and Kashmir had acceded with India and not merged
Addressing the seminar, Prof Hari Om accused the Indian
leadership of being "woefully ignorant" of the constitutional
and political history of Jammu and Kashmir saying the Foreign
Minister`s recent statement comparing the case of the state
with that of Mysore was "grossly misplaced".
"The comparison which he (SM Krishna) drew between Jammu
and Kashmir and Mysore is grossly misplaced. Mysore formed
part of the smaller princely states which joined together or
with the provinces in which they were placed and as such had
to sign the Instrument of Attachment which some also call as
Instrument of Merger," he said.
Panun Kashmir Chief Ajay Chrungoo said, "We are
witnessing a treacherous assault from within to lacerate the
secular nation building vision based on right to equality. The
so-called dispute of Jammu and Kashmir is being used by the
enemies of the nation to wreck the national unity and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'