Panun Kashmir warns against dangers of greater autonomy to J&K
Jammu: An organisation of Kashmiri Pandits
on Sunday accused the country`s leadership of being ignorant about
the political and constitutional history of Jammu and Kashmir
and warned that patronising concepts of self-rule or autonomy
for the state was detrimental to its accession with India.
"We emphatically warn that concepts of self-rule or
greater Autonomy, porous borders, shared sovereignty, which
the Centre has patronized, actually undermine the accession
and act as cardinal insults to the unity of India," Panun
Kashmir`s political affairs committee chairman M K Teng said
at a seminar here.
Describing the Instrument of Accession executed by the
then Maharaja Hari Singh as a political tool, the
constitutional expert, said it was irreversible and
irreducible, irrespective of the circumstances and events in
which it was accomplished.
Held on the topic of Jammu and Kashmir`s accession with
the Union of India, the seminar was part of a campaign to
educate people about the subject.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah had recently hit the
headlines after making a statement in the state assembly
that Jammu and Kashmir had acceded with India and not merged
Addressing the seminar, Prof Hari Om accused the Indian
leadership of being "woefully ignorant" of the constitutional
and political history of Jammu and Kashmir saying the Foreign
Minister`s recent statement comparing the case of the state
with that of Mysore was "grossly misplaced".
"The comparison which he (SM Krishna) drew between Jammu
and Kashmir and Mysore is grossly misplaced. Mysore formed
part of the smaller princely states which joined together or
with the provinces in which they were placed and as such had
to sign the Instrument of Attachment which some also call as
Instrument of Merger," he said.
Panun Kashmir Chief Ajay Chrungoo said, "We are
witnessing a treacherous assault from within to lacerate the
secular nation building vision based on right to equality. The
so-called dispute of Jammu and Kashmir is being used by the
enemies of the nation to wreck the national unity and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals desire to end career at Real Madrid at the age of 41
- Get free voice, video call and 4G internet for 90 days on Reliance Jio
- Soha Ali Khan's weekend getaway will surely tempt you!- See pic
- DGCA to soon ban taking selfies on planes!