Parents protests fee hike in J&K private schools
Jammu: Fumed over "unreasonable" fee structure, angry parents on Sunday protested outside the residence of Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister, demanding strict probe into the functioning of private schools.
Over 200 parents and some school children assembled outside the Canal Road residence of Tara Chand, who is also heading the charge of Education Ministry and held protest demonstrations and raised anti-government slogans.
They blocked roads demanding a probe into private schools in the state for raising the fee and allegedly violating government norms.
Police resorted to mild lathi charge to disperse the protesters and opened the road for vehicular traffic.
Jammu and Kashmir government is in the final leg of creating a panel to formulate the fee structure of private educational institutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic
- Anxious mother fox waits while men work to rescue her trapped cub– Watch the emotional moment!
- Attention Malaika! Hubby Arbaaz Khan is all set to romance Sunny Leone on reel
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about
- Prime Minister wishes Goans on statehood day