Parents protests fee hike in J&K private schools
Jammu: Fumed over "unreasonable" fee structure, angry parents on Sunday protested outside the residence of Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister, demanding strict probe into the functioning of private schools.
Over 200 parents and some school children assembled outside the Canal Road residence of Tara Chand, who is also heading the charge of Education Ministry and held protest demonstrations and raised anti-government slogans.
They blocked roads demanding a probe into private schools in the state for raising the fee and allegedly violating government norms.
Police resorted to mild lathi charge to disperse the protesters and opened the road for vehicular traffic.
Jammu and Kashmir government is in the final leg of creating a panel to formulate the fee structure of private educational institutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog