Parents protests fee hike in J&K private schools
Jammu: Fumed over "unreasonable" fee structure, angry parents on Sunday protested outside the residence of Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister, demanding strict probe into the functioning of private schools.
Over 200 parents and some school children assembled outside the Canal Road residence of Tara Chand, who is also heading the charge of Education Ministry and held protest demonstrations and raised anti-government slogans.
They blocked roads demanding a probe into private schools in the state for raising the fee and allegedly violating government norms.
Police resorted to mild lathi charge to disperse the protesters and opened the road for vehicular traffic.
Jammu and Kashmir government is in the final leg of creating a panel to formulate the fee structure of private educational institutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you