Parents protests fee hike in J&K private schools
Jammu: Fumed over "unreasonable" fee structure, angry parents on Sunday protested outside the residence of Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister, demanding strict probe into the functioning of private schools.
Over 200 parents and some school children assembled outside the Canal Road residence of Tara Chand, who is also heading the charge of Education Ministry and held protest demonstrations and raised anti-government slogans.
They blocked roads demanding a probe into private schools in the state for raising the fee and allegedly violating government norms.
Police resorted to mild lathi charge to disperse the protesters and opened the road for vehicular traffic.
Jammu and Kashmir government is in the final leg of creating a panel to formulate the fee structure of private educational institutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray