Parked truck bore the brunt of car blast: J&K govt
Jammu: The car blast in south Kashmir`s
Anantnag district could have taken a heavy toll if a truck
parked near the spot had not absorbed the impact of explosion,
Minister of State for Home Nasir Aslam Wani said on Friday.
"Investigation is going on. It is unfortunate incident. I
had visited the place along with IG Kashmir and assessed the
situation," Wani told reporters on the sidelines of 2nd Jammu
and Kashmir Police Martyrs` T20 Cricket Cup 2012.
He said the parked truck bore the burnt of the blast
otherwise there was apprehension of loss of more human lives.
One person was killed and more than 20, including three
CRPF jawans, were injured yesterday when an explosive-laden car blew up in Bijbehara town of Anantnag district.
"It was a powerful and dangerous blast. We thank god that
there was not major loss of human lives," he said.
In reply to another question about revival of car bomb
blasts as strategy to revive militancy, he said it is an
individual incident and we are looking into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?