Parked truck bore the brunt of car blast: J&K govt
Jammu: The car blast in south Kashmir`s
Anantnag district could have taken a heavy toll if a truck
parked near the spot had not absorbed the impact of explosion,
Minister of State for Home Nasir Aslam Wani said on Friday.
"Investigation is going on. It is unfortunate incident. I
had visited the place along with IG Kashmir and assessed the
situation," Wani told reporters on the sidelines of 2nd Jammu
and Kashmir Police Martyrs` T20 Cricket Cup 2012.
He said the parked truck bore the burnt of the blast
otherwise there was apprehension of loss of more human lives.
One person was killed and more than 20, including three
CRPF jawans, were injured yesterday when an explosive-laden car blew up in Bijbehara town of Anantnag district.
"It was a powerful and dangerous blast. We thank god that
there was not major loss of human lives," he said.
In reply to another question about revival of car bomb
blasts as strategy to revive militancy, he said it is an
individual incident and we are looking into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch