Parts of anti-tank mine go missing in Rajouri
Jammu: Some parts of an anti-tank mine have been allegedly stolen from a strategic mine-field along Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
However, Army said it has conducted an inspection and found that all anti-tank mines were intact.
Defence spokesman S N Acharya said tonight that some villagers have been reported stealing of anti-tank mine with police. Army has not made any complaint, he said.
"We have registered a case about the theft of the some parts of an anti-tank mine planted in the forward location of Nowshera," a senior police officer said.
According to the police, a villager had reported that some parts of anti-tank mine, including detonators, have been stolen in Kapla Morh mine field area along LoC.
Police is investigating the case, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review