Parts of anti-tank mine go missing in Rajouri
Jammu: Some parts of an anti-tank mine have been allegedly stolen from a strategic mine-field along Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
However, Army said it has conducted an inspection and found that all anti-tank mines were intact.
Defence spokesman S N Acharya said tonight that some villagers have been reported stealing of anti-tank mine with police. Army has not made any complaint, he said.
"We have registered a case about the theft of the some parts of an anti-tank mine planted in the forward location of Nowshera," a senior police officer said.
According to the police, a villager had reported that some parts of anti-tank mine, including detonators, have been stolen in Kapla Morh mine field area along LoC.
Police is investigating the case, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash