Parts of anti-tank mine go missing in Rajouri
Jammu: Some parts of an anti-tank mine have been allegedly stolen from a strategic mine-field along Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
However, Army said it has conducted an inspection and found that all anti-tank mines were intact.
Defence spokesman S N Acharya said tonight that some villagers have been reported stealing of anti-tank mine with police. Army has not made any complaint, he said.
"We have registered a case about the theft of the some parts of an anti-tank mine planted in the forward location of Nowshera," a senior police officer said.
According to the police, a villager had reported that some parts of anti-tank mine, including detonators, have been stolen in Kapla Morh mine field area along LoC.
Police is investigating the case, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation