Parts of anti-tank mine go missing in Rajouri
Jammu: Some parts of an anti-tank mine have been allegedly stolen from a strategic mine-field along Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
However, Army said it has conducted an inspection and found that all anti-tank mines were intact.
Defence spokesman S N Acharya said tonight that some villagers have been reported stealing of anti-tank mine with police. Army has not made any complaint, he said.
"We have registered a case about the theft of the some parts of an anti-tank mine planted in the forward location of Nowshera," a senior police officer said.
According to the police, a villager had reported that some parts of anti-tank mine, including detonators, have been stolen in Kapla Morh mine field area along LoC.
Police is investigating the case, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'