Parts of anti-tank mine go missing in Rajouri
Jammu: Some parts of an anti-tank mine have been allegedly stolen from a strategic mine-field along Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
However, Army said it has conducted an inspection and found that all anti-tank mines were intact.
Defence spokesman S N Acharya said tonight that some villagers have been reported stealing of anti-tank mine with police. Army has not made any complaint, he said.
"We have registered a case about the theft of the some parts of an anti-tank mine planted in the forward location of Nowshera," a senior police officer said.
According to the police, a villager had reported that some parts of anti-tank mine, including detonators, have been stolen in Kapla Morh mine field area along LoC.
Police is investigating the case, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof