Paswan charges BJP with trying to vitiate peace in J&K
Patna: LJP President Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday charged the BJP with seeking to vitiate the political situation in Jammu and Kashmir by unfurling the national flag at Lal Chowk in Srinagar on the Republic Day.
BJP youth wing`s flag hoisting programme was bound to affect the law and order situation in the state, Paswan told reporters here.
A peaceful situation prevailed in the state and even the separatist leaders` attitude was positive, but, "it appears that the BJP does not want peace in the border state," he said and urged the main opposition party to review its decision.
The Centre should also restrain the BJP from going ahead with the programme, the LJP chief said.
Paswan, who was part of all all-party delegation that visited the state last year, reiterated his demand for compensation to the youths killed in the violence, release of separatist leaders and withdrawal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act as part of confidence building measures in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight