Paswan charges BJP with trying to vitiate peace in J&K
Patna: LJP President Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday charged the BJP with seeking to vitiate the political situation in Jammu and Kashmir by unfurling the national flag at Lal Chowk in Srinagar on the Republic Day.
BJP youth wing`s flag hoisting programme was bound to affect the law and order situation in the state, Paswan told reporters here.
A peaceful situation prevailed in the state and even the separatist leaders` attitude was positive, but, "it appears that the BJP does not want peace in the border state," he said and urged the main opposition party to review its decision.
The Centre should also restrain the BJP from going ahead with the programme, the LJP chief said.
Paswan, who was part of all all-party delegation that visited the state last year, reiterated his demand for compensation to the youths killed in the violence, release of separatist leaders and withdrawal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act as part of confidence building measures in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?