Paswan charges BJP with trying to vitiate peace in J&K
Patna: LJP President Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday charged the BJP with seeking to vitiate the political situation in Jammu and Kashmir by unfurling the national flag at Lal Chowk in Srinagar on the Republic Day.
BJP youth wing`s flag hoisting programme was bound to affect the law and order situation in the state, Paswan told reporters here.
A peaceful situation prevailed in the state and even the separatist leaders` attitude was positive, but, "it appears that the BJP does not want peace in the border state," he said and urged the main opposition party to review its decision.
The Centre should also restrain the BJP from going ahead with the programme, the LJP chief said.
Paswan, who was part of all all-party delegation that visited the state last year, reiterated his demand for compensation to the youths killed in the violence, release of separatist leaders and withdrawal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act as part of confidence building measures in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka