Paswan charges BJP with trying to vitiate peace in J&K
Patna: LJP President Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday charged the BJP with seeking to vitiate the political situation in Jammu and Kashmir by unfurling the national flag at Lal Chowk in Srinagar on the Republic Day.
BJP youth wing`s flag hoisting programme was bound to affect the law and order situation in the state, Paswan told reporters here.
A peaceful situation prevailed in the state and even the separatist leaders` attitude was positive, but, "it appears that the BJP does not want peace in the border state," he said and urged the main opposition party to review its decision.
The Centre should also restrain the BJP from going ahead with the programme, the LJP chief said.
Paswan, who was part of all all-party delegation that visited the state last year, reiterated his demand for compensation to the youths killed in the violence, release of separatist leaders and withdrawal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act as part of confidence building measures in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal