Paswan charges BJP with trying to vitiate peace in J&K
Patna: LJP President Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday charged the BJP with seeking to vitiate the political situation in Jammu and Kashmir by unfurling the national flag at Lal Chowk in Srinagar on the Republic Day.
BJP youth wing`s flag hoisting programme was bound to affect the law and order situation in the state, Paswan told reporters here.
A peaceful situation prevailed in the state and even the separatist leaders` attitude was positive, but, "it appears that the BJP does not want peace in the border state," he said and urged the main opposition party to review its decision.
The Centre should also restrain the BJP from going ahead with the programme, the LJP chief said.
Paswan, who was part of all all-party delegation that visited the state last year, reiterated his demand for compensation to the youths killed in the violence, release of separatist leaders and withdrawal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act as part of confidence building measures in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what