Pawan Hans chopper makes emergency landing near Jammu, 7 injured
Jammu: Seven persons, including pilot, were injured when a Pawan Hans helicopter carrying Vaishnodevi pilgrims made an emergency landing in Trikuta hills in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir following a technical fault detected soon after take-off.
A Pawan Hans helicopter with six pilgrims was returning from Sanjhi Chat-based helipad and made an emergency landing at Salal-Dabri area after the pilot detected a technical snag after take-off, Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Udhampur-Reasi range, Jagjeet Kumar told a news agency.
During the emergency landing, the helicopter tilted due to non-availability of proper space resulting in injuries seven people including six pilgrims, the DIG said.
A Pawan Hans official in Delhi said the pilot detected the technical fault in the engine and made a "precautionary landing" at Katra.
Police teams were rushed to the spot from Bhawan and Katra belts and the injured have been hospitalised.
The pilot was identified as Col A Parmar.
Katra is a small town situated in the foothills of the Trikuta Mountains where the holy shrine of Vaishno Devi is located.
Over one crore pilgrims visit cave shrine of Mata Vaishnodevi annually.
Pawan Hans and Global Victra helicopter services are ferrying pilgrims between Sanjhi Chat-based helipad and Katra base camp daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details