Pawan Hans chopper makes emergency landing near Jammu, 7 injured
Jammu: Seven persons, including pilot, were injured when a Pawan Hans helicopter carrying Vaishnodevi pilgrims made an emergency landing in Trikuta hills in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir following a technical fault detected soon after take-off.
A Pawan Hans helicopter with six pilgrims was returning from Sanjhi Chat-based helipad and made an emergency landing at Salal-Dabri area after the pilot detected a technical snag after take-off, Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Udhampur-Reasi range, Jagjeet Kumar told a news agency.
During the emergency landing, the helicopter tilted due to non-availability of proper space resulting in injuries seven people including six pilgrims, the DIG said.
A Pawan Hans official in Delhi said the pilot detected the technical fault in the engine and made a "precautionary landing" at Katra.
Police teams were rushed to the spot from Bhawan and Katra belts and the injured have been hospitalised.
The pilot was identified as Col A Parmar.
Katra is a small town situated in the foothills of the Trikuta Mountains where the holy shrine of Vaishno Devi is located.
Over one crore pilgrims visit cave shrine of Mata Vaishnodevi annually.
Pawan Hans and Global Victra helicopter services are ferrying pilgrims between Sanjhi Chat-based helipad and Katra base camp daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA