PDP a credible voice of the people of J&K: Mehbooba
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti on Sunday said the party has emerged as a genuine and credible voice of the people of Jammu and Kashmir due to its political and economic agenda.
"In 2002, the PDP-led coalition government not only rekindled a new hope among the people, but had also devised and started implementing focused developmental strategies for every area of the state," Mufti said in a statement after addressing a workers` convention at Shopian.
While the PDP-led government`s foremost priority was to provide a sense of security to the people, relaxation in security environment was effectively supplemented with relief through development and economic rejuvenation, she said.
Mehbooba said, if voted to power in 2014, PDP would work towards implementing its unaccomplished agenda of securing peace, stability and prosperity for Jammu and Kashmir.
"PDP`s agenda is to ensure political, economic and social security for the people of the state. Jammu and Kashmir is not a place that needs packages and doles, it has to be given the assistance to realise its immense economic potential," she said.
In addition to its rich water and mineral resources, the brand name Kashmir has many dimensions be it tourism, art, handicrafts, forests or agricultural and horticulture products, Mehbooba said.
She said PDP`s vision of a peaceful, stable and prosperous Jammu and Kashmir as outlined in the party`s `Self-Rule` document is essentially about neutralising the political and economic excesses with the state.
"Jammu and Kashmir needs a total change and with people`s support, PDP will bring it," she stressed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared