PDP a credible voice of the people of J&K: Mehbooba
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti on Sunday said the party has emerged as a genuine and credible voice of the people of Jammu and Kashmir due to its political and economic agenda.
"In 2002, the PDP-led coalition government not only rekindled a new hope among the people, but had also devised and started implementing focused developmental strategies for every area of the state," Mufti said in a statement after addressing a workers` convention at Shopian.
While the PDP-led government`s foremost priority was to provide a sense of security to the people, relaxation in security environment was effectively supplemented with relief through development and economic rejuvenation, she said.
Mehbooba said, if voted to power in 2014, PDP would work towards implementing its unaccomplished agenda of securing peace, stability and prosperity for Jammu and Kashmir.
"PDP`s agenda is to ensure political, economic and social security for the people of the state. Jammu and Kashmir is not a place that needs packages and doles, it has to be given the assistance to realise its immense economic potential," she said.
In addition to its rich water and mineral resources, the brand name Kashmir has many dimensions be it tourism, art, handicrafts, forests or agricultural and horticulture products, Mehbooba said.
She said PDP`s vision of a peaceful, stable and prosperous Jammu and Kashmir as outlined in the party`s `Self-Rule` document is essentially about neutralising the political and economic excesses with the state.
"Jammu and Kashmir needs a total change and with people`s support, PDP will bring it," she stressed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Retirement age for all government doctors will be increased to 65, announces PM Narendra Modi
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis, Sania Mirza-Ivan Dodig pairs ease into 2016 French Open pre-quarters
- Nifty ends May F&O series above 8,000-mark, up 135 points
- Zlatan Ibrahamovic praises Jose Mourinho but refuses to name next club
- Learn in 5 steps to make easy money on YouTube!